Agenda : characteristics of effective leaders
- Social in the news
- Guest speaker : Kevin Urie
- Individual project task
- Discussion – group dynamics
- Group project task
- Wrap up / minute papers discussion (time permitting)
Social in the news
- Twitter profile updates?
Guest speaker: Kevin Urie
- Mid-term report due April 30 at 6:00 pm > please use Catalyst Collect It (demo – how to from UW).
- NOW > In pairs, discuss challenges and help one another with mid-course corrections if needed
- Example > My challenge is figuring out how to consistently work LinkedIn into my environmental scanning. Posting to LI is easy with Bufferly but getting me to Go There? Not happening – so I’m not having interactions there. Or really getting more familiar with the space. Is anyone here using LI Pulse?
Revisit our earlier discussion re personality and MBTI (or similar instruments). If you have your MBTI profile (this is a pretty darn good free one), please tell Solveig which quadrant you are in, based on these groupings:
Classical / social styles
- Analytical : ISTJ / ISFJ / ISTP / ISFP
- Driver : INFJ / INFP / INTJ / INTP
- Amiable: ESTJ / ESFJ / ESTP / ESFP
- Expressive : ENFP / ENFJ / ENTP / ENTJ
Social Media Explorer (Hirsh and Kummerow)
- Thoughtful Realist: (IS)
- Action-oriented Realist: (ES)
- Thoughtful Innovator : (IN)
- Action-oriented Innovator : (EN)
Group projects task
Begin working on your GOST for your project, including role identification for team members.
- Decide if the two larger groups are going to be one or two teams.
- Designate who will be the contact with me and our clients.
- Identify “competing” / “peer” organizations for benchmarking, brainstorming ideas : who is doing what well/poorly (emulate/avoid)
- High level assessment of social media networks – begin prioritization
- Remember that a key goal is time management – how do “do social” with limited time/budget
- Note taker posts notes to the class wiki within 24 hours.
Wrap-up / Minute papers
- April 28: Jenni Hogan
(@JenniHogan | LinkedIn | Facebook (page) | website )
- May 7: Little Bird | Marshall on building your personal brand (recommend you read this) | Solveig on using LB