Community & tools
- What’s new?
- What makes a successful online community?
- Guest speaker: Marshall Kirkpatrick (@marshallk) | LinkedIn | Facebook | website)
- Little Bird – real life – Solveig
- Group project time
- What is an online community and why do we care?
- Digital community isn’t new: key, no geographic boundary
- Why do people interact with brands? Vice versa? (discuss)
- Agree or disagree? (source)
- Social engagement is more than numbers, blasts: * gather feedback and put it to use * get to know your customers (associates) * going where customers already are rather than making them come to you * being helpful * building trust * front-line contact * figuring out how to tell their stories
- Brand advocates * are very satisfied customers * are very likely to recommend your brand/service w/out prompting * has genuine, authentic passion for your product/service * want to help their friends, others
- Community managers: listen, learn, make things better for customers & company
- #cmgr on Twitter
- LoyalCX on Tumblr
- State of Community Management, 2014
- Community management work samples (think digital portfolio on Slideshare)
- Evernote + LinkedIn contacts partnership
- UN projects almost 3B people on the Net by end of 2014
Case study discussion & group project work