Agenda : what is social media engagement?
- Minute paper
- Social in the news
- Lecture/reading discussion
- Individual project task
- Wrap up / minute papers discussion (time permitting)
Minute paper – week 2
- Mailing list set up – did everyone get that email?
- Reminder! security alert: edit your profile and make sure you aren’t signing your posts with your username!
- Please complete by Saturday
Social in the news
- Is Google manipulating search results at Yelp’s expense?
- How much do high school interns who work for Facebook make during the summer?
- Our tax dollars at work: DARPA-funded research for US military on how to influence Twitter users
- A wearable that lets parents track their kids
- Security news: make sure that phone, laptop or table is charged before boarding
- Please keep your attendance up to date!
- When you’ve posted your minute papers, please tick the box
- Finally, how are you doing on your weekly posts (posts/replies/shares) : let us know on the wiki
- Kat copied/pasted from the old wiki – the due dates are correct here (on the blog)
- Now that we are in week 3, what’s it like, posting daily? With a holiday?!?
- My LI report
- Pair/share: what’s one thing you’ve done differently in the last 7 days re your personal use of social media | how did/does it relate to your STP/GOST for the class? (remember / take notes each week so you can write a thorough report)
- Who are the peers (competitors) you want to emulate? Why? What are they doing that would help you meet your goals? How do you find them?!? (The peers/competitors, not the goals!) – Slides 11/12 in PPT
Lecture, cont’d (ppt on dropbox)
- Last week’s audio file (on dropbox)
- Reading discussion – what would you add? Subtract? Pair-and-share
- Next step: finalize draft personal social media influencer plans and post to Catalyst Dropbox (go log in now!)
Group projects – preliminary discussion
- Jointly create one piece of content that team members will promote, such as podcast/video/white paper/etc
- Global Visionaries (doc on Dropbox)
- Washington Women in Need (doc on Dropbox)
- Campfire Girls
- Fiction author
- Home remodeling business